Tuesday, September 15, 2020

El Caribe Gris


When I read El Caribe Gris it was kind of hard to understand the main idea because of the poor translation that was given. I had to read the Spanish version as well to get a better view of what they were trying to say about Caribe Gris which did help somewhat but my spanish is rough. I had my dad help me translate most of them after I read the English translation and it was clearer the third time. The main ideas that I originally have are still the same with Christopher Columbus in the Caribbean with the Natives living there with creating a more biased view which impacted how people see the Caribbean now and how he added false depictions of his voyages and encounters which is why the writer called the journal unecessary and usless in the Spanish version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Paper

This research paper I know it is not the best since I have always struggled with writing essays all throughout school but here is my introdu...